Quinn Hughes is hungry to break rookie records
It was only the 60th game of the Canucks 50th year, but Quinn Hughes appears hungry to hold sole possession of the most three-assist games by a rookie. Currently, the 20-year-old defender is tied with the one and only Ray Bourque with four games. 22 contests left in Vancouver’s regular season, Hughes might just make history, it almost happened versus the Wild.
More from Canucks News
- Canucks are in “wash, rinse, repeat” mode after Monday’s 5-1 loss
- Canucks send Jack Rathbone and Vasily Podkolzin down to Abbotsford
- Canucks acquire Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson from Carolina
- Brock Boeser, Curtis Lazar placed on injury reserve
- Canucks officially unveil Reverse Retro jersey in latest aesthetic change
When the dust settled, Hughes skated off the ice with two more assists to his rookie resume. 39 on the season, one shy of 40, probably a total for points fans were expecting out of this jaw-dropping young star, not assists alone. The sky is the limit for Hughes, who just keeps doing crazy things on a very regular basis. A three-assist night just feels normal these days, it’s only a matter of time until he does it again.
With his two assists, Hughes passes Bo Horvat on the team scoring list for possession of third. He has 47 points in 59 games played, he leads all NHL rookies in scoring and, he widened the gap by two with his latest performance. An incredible game for the young stud as expected. He built quick chemistry with Toffoli and isn’t showing signs of fatigue late into the season.