The Vancouver Canucks presented its team awards prior to Thursday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks.
Captain Henrik Sedin took home the Cyrus H. McLean Trophy as the team’s leading scorer through 46 games played. The Three Star Award, which is awarded to the player with the most three star selections, will be determined after Saturday’s game against the Edmonton Oilers.
The rest of the winners were determined by fan voting held on Canucks.com.
Winger Jannik Hansen took home the award for Most Exciting Player and ‘unsung hero’. Dan Hamhuis was voted the team’s best defenceman and goaltender Cory Schneider was deemed the ’most valuable player’.
Ballots for the NHL Awards have been sent out to members of the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association (PHWA) and winners will be announced at the end of the season at the league’s annual awards gala. The date and venue have yet to be announced.
It was reported back in February that the awards won’t be held in Las Vegas this year because of the shortened season. The awards have been held in ‘Sin City’ since 2009.
Summary of 2012.13 Vancouver Canucks Awards:
- Cyclone Taylor – “Most Valuable Player”: Cory Schneider
- Walter (Babe) Pratt – “Best Defenceman”: Dan Hamhuis
- Most Exciting Player: Jannik Hansen
- Fred J. Hume – “Unsung Hero “: Jannik Hansen
- Three Star Award: “Most Three Stars Selections”: To be determined
- Cyrus H. McLean – “Leading Scorer “: *Henrik Sedin
*Leads the Canucks in scoring through the first 46 games played