Feb 02, 2012; Vancouver, BC, CANADA; Vancouver Canucks forward Ryan Kesler (17) celebrates after scoring a goal against the Detroit Red Wings during the first period at Rogers Arena. Mandatory Credit: Anne-Marie Sorvin-USA TODAY Sports

Ryan Kesler is "Several Months Away" According to Agent

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

Vancouver Canucks centre Ryan Kesler is still “several months away” from returning according to his agent Kurt Overhardt.

“The re-evaluation was positive in that the surgeries were successful,” Overhardt told the Province. “However, the compounding nature of both of those surgeries being on the same side of the body, it’s been very hard to properly rehab either one of the them — particularly the shoulder — because that’s obviously a big deal.

“I don’t think it’s fair to have any sort of time frame when he’s going to be 100 per cent and cleared to play. I don’t have a crystal ball and it’s certainly months away, it’s not weeks away. It’s several months away.”

Canucks assistant general manager Lawrence Gilman, asked for comment by the Province, said it was news to him that Kesler would be out for several months more. He said he has not been given a timeline by doctors.

Initial prognosis had Kesler returning sometime in January after undergoing offseason shoulder and wrist surgeries, which took place on May 8 and June 27 respectively.

The Canucks were prepared to weather the storm for a month or two without Kesler, but with this news the Canucks may need to deal goaltender Roberto Luongo as soon as possible to bring in support down the middle.

Earlier this month, Daren Millard of Sportsnet reported the Canucks have a deal in place with the Toronto Maple Leafs for Nazem Kadri and Tyler Bozak.

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

Tags: Roberto Luongo Ryan Kesler Vancouver Canucks

comments powered by Disqus